Research & Learning Librarian
Unit: Library Services
Date Posted: October 3, 2017
Roseman University of Health Sciences University Library seeks a responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual as a full time Librarian, at the Henderson, Nevada Campus. The Research & Learning Librarian will work closely with librarians and faculty to provide instruction, reference and research support.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Plan and present in-person and online library instruction sessions
- Provide research and citation assistance to students and faculty; consult with faculty for in-depth literature searches and systematic reviews
- Develop productive relationships with faculty; promote integration of library resources into curricula and research projects
- Assess and coordinate campus online and in-person reference activities; provide training for library staff as needed
- Create and maintain point-of-need materials and online guides
- Assist with service desk coverage; including, but not limited to, evenings and weekends
- Maintain knowledge of academic health science librarianship and related fields, including attending funded professional development activities and CE opportunities such as the Academy of Health Information Professionals
- Participate in campus and university committee, service and activities as requested
- Provide recommendations and feedback on library materials purchased or subscribed to in support of the academic programs; evaluate existing collections as requested
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will have demonstrated enthusiasm for educating students with diverse backgrounds, ability to work collaboratively with faculty and library co-workers as team member, demonstrated excellent presentation and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Must have knowledge of current library systems, technologies (e.g., MSOffice, LibGuides, EndNote), and online searching techniques, as well as general understanding of scholarly communication, copyright, and information literacy.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Library & Information Science from an American Library Association-accredited program within six months after start date
- Library reference experience or documented relevant course work
- Instruction or group presentation experience preferred
- Academic library work experience preferred (includes paraprofessional level work)
- Familiarity with health science resources or terminology preferred
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between local campus buildings, off campus, and to other Roseman University facilities out-of-state.
- Performing duties and attending events outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Traveling off-campus to a local, state, regional and/or national event, as well as travel to other Roseman campuses or facilities occurs occasionally and is required.
- Incumbent may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among University personnel and/or students.
- Incumbent may be regularly scheduled to evening and/or weekend work hours. Accepting a temporary change in the assigned work hours with little advance notice in order to accommodate daily staffing needs in the library will be required.
Required Physical Abilities
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, hand-written forms, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry a stack of forms and documents weighing up to 25 pounds.
Applications review begins November 13, 2017 and will continue until position is filled.
Interested candidates please send an email with attached CV/resume and separate cover letter addressing your ability to meet the listed skills and responsibilities to:
Roseman University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Roseman University complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Roseman University expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Roseman University employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.