Prospective students should contact an advisor at 702-628-9062 or toll-free at 877-885-8399 before applying to the program.
Bachelor Degree Requirements
The College of Nursing requires a Bachelor Degree in another field be completed prior to entry in the Roseman ABSN program. The Bachelor's degree must be earned at a Regionally or Nationally accredited post-secondary institution. If the Bachelor's degree was completed outside of the United States, an evaluation must be completed by World Evaluation Services or Josef Silny and Associates. Evaluations must indicate graduating with a Bachelors degree from an institution which is deemed equivalent to a regionally-accredited US institution.
The College of Nursing requires the prerequisite coursework be completed prior to entry in the Roseman ABSN program, except where noted. Applicants must complete the following coursework with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) or higher and a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher:
- Chemistry/Biochemistry with lab (4 semester units)
- Microbiology with lab (4 semester units)
- Human Anatomy with lab (4 semester units)
- Human Physiology with lab (4 semester units)
- Statistics (3 semester units)
- United States/Nevada Constitution (3 semester units)*
*Note: This is the only prerequisite that is not computed in the prerequisite GPA.
Transfer of core nursing prerequisites is at the discretion of the College of Nursing. Prerequisite courses completed at a non-U.S. institution requires an course-by-course evaluation from an accepted foreign-coursework evaluation organization.
Last 60-credits of undergraduate coursework**
The last 60-credits GPA must meet the minimum 2.75 requirement and will be calculated based on the applicant’s last 60-credits of undergraduate coursework.
- Coursework must be directed toward an academic program of study. Coursework earned in sports, physical fitness, band and dance activities (training courses) are not calculated in the last 60-credits GPA.
- Courses earned through an occupational, technical, certificate, or professional training capacities are not calculated in the last 60-credits GPA.
- Courses which are developmental or remedial are not calculated in the last 60-credit GPA.
- Credit by Examination credits will be accepted if the credit meets the minimum required score. Credit by examination coursework will be transferred as 3-credits and as a grade of “C.”
**Please note that meeting minimum prerequisite and GPA requirements does not guarantee enrollment into the program.
To determine the transferability of coursework, please contact an advisor at 702-628-9062, toll-free at 877-885-8399 or email the Admissions and Enrollment Office.