|The Department of Education has created Financial Awareness Counseling to assist students in understanding their financial aid and managing their finances.|
You can log in with your StudentLoans.gov log in information to retrieve your federal aid history from NSLDS and to send a completion notification to the Roseman Financial Aid Office. The Financial Awareness Counseling can be completed multiple times.
Good Habits For A Sound Financial Future
- Not all loans are alike, know the differences and borrow wisely.
- Budget your money just as carefully as you budget your time; put yourself on a monthly budget and stick to it.
- You only need one credit card and it should only be used in emergencies.
- Get in the habit of saving even if you can only save $5 per month.
- Keep accurate records of your total debt and minimize it.
- Don’t start living the lifestyle of a health professional until you’ve completed your training!
- Plan now for the financial future you want.
- You may not be offered as much money as you expect when you graduate, so plan accordingly by estimating now what your discretionary (after-tax) income will be after school.
- You are making an investment in your future; make sure the benefits of the investment exceed all the cost.