Cavities beware! This June, the American Dental Association is teaming up with Colgate to promote public awareness of basic oral health care. Why not take this opportunity to check in with Roseman University Library to ensure that you have access to all the resources you’ll need to help your patients put their best smile forward?
Our Dental Medicine Guide is a great place to start your research while you’re in school. It offers:
- Best bets for resources to help you practice evidence-based dentistry, like PubMed and Cochrane Library
- Other resources that come in handy, like Natural Medicines and LexiComp
- Board study guides and aids, including resources for NBDE Parts I & II, CDCA, and WREB exams
- A listing of dental apps such as Dental Expert and Lexi-Dental Complete
- AMA citation and format resources
- Basic Life Support resources
- And much more!
Be sure to keep your eye out for the “Best Bet” label while you’re browsing through our guides. Designed to save you time, this label designates which resources are most extensive, easy to use, or best suited to the needs of your program. Common “Best Bets” across our guides include PubMed, Cochrane Library, and Lexi-Comp Online. We also recommend logging in to your MyNCBI account before trying to access any online resources in order to help ensure you can get the full text of articles we have access to.
To complement our general dentistry offerings, our Dental Specialties guide contains resources tailored to the major dental specialties, such as research databases, specialty associations, and dental support apps. Featured specialties include general dentistry, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, endodontics and more.
If you have any questions regarding this guide or any of the library’s resources, please don’t hesitate to ask us.