|The Department of Education has created Financial Awareness Counseling to assist students in understanding their financial aid and managing their finances.
You can log in with your StudentLoans.gov log in information to retrieve your federal aid history from NSLDS and to send a completion notification to the Roseman Financial Aid Office. The Financial Awareness Counseling can be completed multiple times.
Good Habits For A Sound Financial Future
- Not all loans are alike, know the differences and borrow wisely.
- Budget your money just as carefully as you budget your time; put yourself on a monthly budget and stick to it.
- You only need one credit card and it should only be used in emergencies.
- Get in the habit of saving even if you can only save $5 per month.
- Keep accurate records of your total debt and minimize it.
- Don’t start living the lifestyle of a health professional until you’ve completed your training!
- Plan now for the financial future you want.
- You may not be offered as much money as you expect when you graduate, so plan accordingly by estimating now what your discretionary (after-tax) income will be after school.
- You are making an investment in your future; make sure the benefits of the investment exceed all the cost.