Federal Work Study
The purpose of the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program is to help students with their financial need by providing them with a part-time job. Not every student will qualify, but those who do will be placed in various on and off campus positions to help offset a portion of their educational expenses. Positions available through the FWS Program may involve working in a private or non-profit organization. Work-study students should approach their assignment with a sense of responsibility that would be expected in any job. The maximum hours are 20 hours per week, while school is in session unless approved by the Financial Aid Office.
Students interested in work-study can email firstname.lastname@example.org for available positions.
- Full-time student
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Qualify for need-based aid
Follow the Current Steps to Apply for FWS Employment:
- Email email@example.com to ask about work-study awards and jobs
- Financial Aid will determine if you qualify for the FWS program*
- Complete the necessary paperwork and submit to the Financial Aid Office
- Financial Aid will provide contact information for you (via email) to schedule an interview with the prospective employer
- The employer will notify Financial Aid if you are accepted for employment
- Upon acceptance of employment please report to Financial Aid to complete the pre-hire process.
* Please note that your gross earnings are applied against your budget.