Roseman Insurance Year: August 1 – July 31
Sponsored by: United Healthcare Student Resources
Plan: UHC Choice Plus (PPO)
Insurance Broker: Ascension Collegiate Solutions (effective 1/1/18 name change to Relation Insurance Services)
Each academic year, students must take action to either agree to take the plan through the school SHIP OR submit an eligible waiver. To enroll in SHIP, please see the steps below:
- If you intend to enroll in the plan then no action is required of you as your information was forwarded to the broker.
- You can access your ID card (link) about a week or two after the effective date.
- If you experience any problems waiving in the Student Health Insurance Plan, please email email@example.com (include your first and last name and your program/class).
Students who are enrolled in the plan through Roseman AND wish to add an eligible spouse or dependent must contact the broker directly as this is not handled through the school.
Questions: Relation Customer Service: 1-800-537-1777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolling Mid-Year due to Loss of Previous Coverage
Students who will have an involuntary loss of previous coverage (marriage, divorce, change jobs, turn 26 years old, move, etc.) are eligible to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan mid-year. Please note that there can be no gaps in coverage, so it is your responsibility to do the following at least two weeks before the last date of coverage:
- Send an email to email@example.com including:
- First and Last Name
- Involuntary loss reason
You will then be instructed on what the next steps are and directed to our broker to submit the necessary documentation.
You will receive a bill from the Bursar’s Office when you have been added to the plan. Questions regarding payment for the plan should be directed to the Bursar’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuation of Coverage after Graduation
Students who have been enrolled in the Student Health Insurance for at least 90 days prior to his/her graduation date, have the option for a continuation of coverage for up to 90 days (there is no option to enroll for less than 3 months); however, please note the following:
- Application must be made and premium must be paid to United HealthCare StudentResources and be received within 14 days after the expiration date of the of the student coverage.
- Continuation of coverage also exists for any spouse/dependent(s) who were also enrolled on the plan that meet the above requirements.
- Cost for the continuation of coverage is at the same monthly rate that existed during your most recent academic year.
More information and instructions for enrolling in this continuation privilege can be found on our broker’s website (link).
- The forms for applying are at the bottom after you click “Enrollment Options.”
- The mailing address is on the form, so please include your payment to them with that document (payment is made directly to Relation, not to Roseman).
Questions: Ascension Customer Service: 1-800-537-1777 or email@example.com