Period of Coverage: August 1 – July 31
The Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is an option for students who have no other insurance and choose to enroll in a plan that meets the minimum insurance requirements. Students are strongly encouraged to purchase health insurance to meet their needs; however, the insurance must meet the minimum program insurance requirements (link). Note: This Student Health Insurance Plan is medical insurance only-no vision or dental are included.
Plan Details 2019-2020 (link) August 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020
Sponsored by: United Healthcare Student Resources
Plan: UHC Choice Plus (this is a PPO network)
Insurance Broker: Relation Insurance
To find an in-network health care provider close to you, call (800) 767-0700 or visit www.uhcsr.com. When you go to this link:
- Click on “FIND PROVIDERS” and select “Medical,” “Behavioral” or “Dental.”
- You can change your zip code, and search by name, specialty, facility, medical group or category.
- Click “Search.
For benefits or claims questions, contact UnitedHealthCare Customer Service: 1-800-767-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For enrollment questions, contact Relation Insurance (formerly Ascension Customer Service): 1-800-537-1777 or email: email@example.com
For general insurance questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary insurance ID cards are available within two weeks after your classes begin. To access your temporary ID card (and or request a permanent one), create a UHC online account (link).
- Type in your First, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
- Type in the email address (Roseman or personal).
- If you successfully enter this information, continue to answer questions on next screens
- If you receive an error, please call Relation Customer Service at: 1-800-537-1777
- Once you successfully create your account, login and click on the left navigation to “Access/Print My ID Card”
- Print your temporary card for immediate use.
- If you would like a permanent card, you can request for one to be mailed to you; however, note the address we have on file for you. If this has changed, please complete a Contact Update Form (link) and submit it to the Registrar’s Office (submission options are on the form) so that your address can be updated with the University. Note on your request that you would like your address also updated with the Insurance Broker.
- Immunization coverage required by ACA (.pdf)
- Additional items covered:
- Routine physicals
- Blood titers – including Varicella, MMR, Hep B.
- Twinrix Hep A/B Combo 3 series
Note: Flu shots are covered by SHIP; however, do note how pharmacies code the billing of the flu shot may vary, sometimes they are coded as prescription benefits and sometimes as medical benefits for processing. If you are told that your student insurance does not cover the flu shot by a particular location, please call the customer service line on the back of your student insurance card so that UHCSR can assist that pharmacy with proper verification/billing. Also be sure you are utilizing an in-network pharmacy.
Plan Details 2020-2021 – August 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021
Information (deadlines and costs) for this academic year will be posted in late February 2020.