Fast-Track BS/PharmD in partnership with Nevada State University
Nevada State University and Roseman University College of Pharmacy have partnered to create a new Fast-Track BS/PharmD program. The program allows qualified students to earn both Bachelor of Science in Biology (BS) and Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degrees in as few as six years, rather than the eight years typically needed to complete both. The program is designed to propel students into a career in pharmacy, saving time and tuition costs.
The Fast-Track BS/PharmD
- Save Time: Become a PharmD in six (6) years. By having one year of overlap that counts towards both the final year of BS and the first year of the PharmD and by taking part in our three-year program, you will finish in as little as six (6) years compared to the eight (8) years it typically takes to complete a Bachelor of Science and a Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Save Money: By taking courses that count towards both your BS and PharmD, you will be saving a year of undergraduate tuition. Additionally, our three-year program saves you a year of graduate tuition.
- Skip the Test: If you are accepted to the Roseman University Doctor of Pharmacy Program through the Fast Track BS/PharmD Program you will have your PCAT waived.
- Early Hands-On Experience: Starting in the beginning of your first year in the PharmD program, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your learning from the classroom to real-world scenarios through early IPPE experiences – developing your professional knowledge and skills in a variety of clinical practice settings.
- Unique Learning Model: Through the Roseman University Six-Point Mastery Learning Model® you’ll focus on one core subject at a time and work to fully master concepts before moving on to the next one. This ensures competency and provides you with confidence as you move into your profession as a pharmacist.
- Part of the PHARMily: Roseman University’s diverse student population—with their different backgrounds and experiences—creates an exciting and enriching learning environment. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with peers who share similar educational goals and participate in meaningful student organizations and volunteer activities.
- Opportunities for Growth: The College of Pharmacy provides numerous opportunities for growth starting the first day you step on campus. Roseman University provides early experiential and interprofessional learning, research, national and international rotation experience, and post-graduate residency and fellowship opportunities that build your resume and provide a solid foundation for your career as a pharmacist.
- Years 1-3 (or semesters 1-6): Complete your BS in Biology requirements, including the prerequisite courses for the PharmD. Apply to Roseman University College of Pharmacy program through PharmCAS and complete the admissions process.
- Year 4 (or semesters 7-8): Attend Roseman University College of Pharmacy and take 40 credits of PharmD courses that count towards your NSU BS in Biology degree and required courses towards the PharmD. At the end of year four (4) after successful completion of your pharmacy school courses, you will graduate from NSU with a Bachelor of Science in Biology.
- Years 5-6: Complete remaining PharmD courses with Roseman University College of Pharmacy.
- Fast-Track Curriculum
The Fast Track BS/PharmD Degree Program prepares students to:
- Gain a solid, well-rounded foundation from a Biology B.S. degree with coursework in chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, and biology.
- Be a competent, caring, and ethical pharmacist who interacts as a valuable member of an interprofessional healthcare team.
- Understand the healthcare needs of the community to make a positive impact through the practice of patient-centered care.
- Work in a variety of practices including community pharmacies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, educational institutions, laboratories, clinical, and long-term care facilities.
Requirements and Prerequisites
Roseman University will grant you conditional acceptance into its PharmD program if you have successfully completed the pre-professional phase of the Fast Track BS/PharmD program (NSU curriculum) provided the following conditions have been met:
- The satisfactory completion of the entire pre-professional curriculum with an overall GPA of 3.0 or greater on a scale of 0 to 4.
- A letter of recommendation from an NSU School of Liberal Arts & Sciences faculty member.
- The completion of the Roseman University College of Pharmacy program application and admission process, including qualification for an interview during the final year of study at NSU.
Application and Selection Process
If you’re a currently enrolled Nevada State University student, please use the Fast-Track BS/PharmD Application to notify the College of your interest in the program.