College of Nursing Honor Society – Utah
Benefits of Joining the Honor Society
Active members will receive partial to full reimbursement on their first ACLS, PALS, NALS and/or BLS certification courses* upon graduation from the Nursing Program. Active members will also receive honors cords to be worn during graduation and are recognized during the Nursing Pinning Ceremony.
*Courses must be taken through the American Heart Association (AHA). Reimbursement amount dependent on funds raised by each cohort.
Applying for Membership
All nursing students are eligible to become members of the Honor Society.
- Applicants must pay an $80 at the bursar. This covers induction and cord fees. Cash or check will be accepted only. No Paypal/Venmo. Present your payment with a deposit form, which can be found in this email attachment or in the Nursing Office.
- Upload your deposit form, and also fill out the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pLeIT6bmmsJ–6j4_xZCVYn1NmzpEYc05s_1xz5lI-w/viewform?edit_requested=true
Applications and dues are to be submitted by the deadline specified for each cohort.
Maintaining Active Membership
Honor Society Candidate Requirement:
- 2 community credits
- 2 fundraising credits
- Leadership development credit can be obtained through ONE of these options:
- Become a member of another additional organization (SNA, CCESNA, etc),
- Be a mentor to another cohort
- Join an executive board at Roseman (Class officer, SNA officer, CCESNA officer, etc.)
- 10 additional hours of community service outside of the honor society
- 8 additional community credits within the honor society of nursing.
Upload receipts from your participation in the events on the UPLOAD YOUR CREDITS button below.
How to read electronic form:
- If you have already submitted an application with your receipt, your name will be listed in our list of members and credits below.
- If your name is highlighted in red, this means you have submitted credits, but are still missing a receipt from the bursar.
- If your name is not present and you have already paid the membership dues, this means you have not submitted the new membership form above.
- If your name is highlighted green, CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed your credits and are a fully active member (don’t let this stop you from serving your community and participating in events).