As a Research & Learning Librarian, Nancy Crabtree provides instruction, reference, and research support for all faculty, staff, and students. Nancy serves as the embedded librarian for the College of Nursing consulting with nursing faculty and staff to maintain and integrate library resources into nursing curricula, presenting library instruction, designing library tutorials and guides, and assisting with evidence-based literature searches and research projects.
Nancy Crabtree has been at Roseman University since December 2019. Prior to that, Nancy was the Reference & Instruction Librarian and Associate Professor at Missouri Southern State University.
- Master of Science, Library and Information Science, University of South Carolina at Columbia
- Academy of Health Information Professionals Certification, Medical Library Association
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, Syracuse University
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Health Science Libraries of Nevada
- Medical Library Association
- Nevada Library Association
- Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group
- Network of the National Library of Medicine Consumer Health Information Specialization(CHIS) Sponsorship, 2019
- Missouri Southern State University Faculty Development Grant, 2018, 2017, 2014
- Ex Libris Users of North America Conference Scholarship, 2017
- Beta-Phi-Mu, International Library and Information Studies Honor Society Induction, 2002
Carr, Amber, Crabtree, Nancy and Kayla Reed. “Resurrection of the Liaison,” MOBIUS Annual Conference, 4 June 2019, Holiday Inn Executive Center, Columbia, MO.
Crabtree, Nancy, Wang, Lucy and Robert Black. “Bridging the Gap: providing equal access of library resources and services to distance learners.” Brick & Click: an academic library conference, 2 November 2018, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
Crabtree, Nancy. “From Trapped and Bored to Interested and Informed: library instruction that engages students in active learning.” Brick & Click: an academic library conference, 3 November 2017, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO.
Crabtree, Nancy and Lucy Wang. “Summon: Six Years in…,” Ex Libris Users of North America Annual Meeting and Conference, 11 May 2017, Schaumburg Convention Center, Schaumburg, IL
Welhan, Lydia, and Nancy Crabtree. “I wish I’d known that earlier! One library’s experience with the Summon Discovery Interface,” MOBIUS Annual Conference, 6 June 2012, Holiday Inn Executive Center, Columbia, MO.
Crabtree, Nancy. “Research made Easy: navigating the library’s resources & services.” Jose Alvarez Faculty Study Conference, 20 August 2011, Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, MO.