Student Health & Wellness
The Registrar/Student Services Office seeks to provide services that enhance the overall wellness of Roseman students. Our wellness programs are designed to improve the quality of campus life and to improve students’ success in achieving their academic goals.
If you know someone in immediate danger, don’t delay, call 911.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now: 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
988 is a new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. When people call, text, or chat 988, they will be connected to trained counselors who will listen, provide support, and connect individuals to resources if necessary. The previous Lifeline phone number (1-800-273-8255) will always remain available to people in emotional distress or suicidal crisis.
National Resources to Provide Immediate Help
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-799-7233
- National Hopeline Network: 1-800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “DESERVE” TO 741-741
- Lifeline Crisis Chat (Online live messaging): https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- Self-Harm Hotline: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
- American Association of Poison Control Centers: 1-800-222-1222
- National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependency Hope Line: 1-800-622-2255
- National Crisis Line – Anorexia and Bulimia: 1-800-233-4357
- GLBT Hotline: 1-888-843-4564
- TREVOR Crisis Hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- AIDS Crisis Line: 1-800-221-7044
- Veterans Crisis Line:https://www.veteranscrisisline.net 1-800-273-8255 or text 838255
- TransLifeline: https://www.translifeline.org – 877-565-8860
- Planned Parenthood Hotline: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- Disaster Survivors – this is a 24/7 Disaster Distress Helpline – 1-800-985-5990
- Crisis Support Services of Nevada – connects callers with local suicide intervention specialist. Text CARE to 839863 to talk to a staff member or volunteer
- Nevada 2-1-1 State of Nevada Mental Health Services
- To find clinics providing mental health services at low cost or on a sliding scale in Nevada: https://www.needymeds.org/medical_clinics.taf?_function=state&state=NV
- University Neuropsychiatric Institute – Mobile Crisis Unit
24-hour Crisis Services
- Utah 2-1-1 State of Utah Mental Health Services
- To find clinics providing mental health services at low cost or on a sliding scale in Utah: https://www.needymeds.org/mental_clinics.taf?_function=state&state=UT
Roseman University is pleased to provide our students and residents with an additional way to support their mental health and overall well-being, with no-cost access to Talkspace online therapy and psychiatry, as well as Talkspace: Self-Guided.
Student Mental Health Clinician Directory for Students enrolled in the Roseman plan
If you are enrolled in the Roseman Student Health Insurance Plan, you can go to https://www.uhcsr.com/ to find a mental health clinician near you that is in-network.
Guardian Student Assistance Plan for Utah Dental Students
All students enrolled in the College of Dental Medicine in Utah, even if they are not enrolled in the Roseman Student Health Insurance Plan, are enrolled in the Guardian Student Assistance Plan (SAP) because they enrolled in the Roseman Dental Student Disability Plan. This plan offers the following services to dental students:
- Telephonic consultation with an SAP Counselor
- 3 free sessions with a local counselor
- site with information on wellness, a legal and financial center and more
For additional information, please contact Guardian Work Life Matters at (800) 386-7055 or online at www.ibhworklife.com.
Stress Management Videos and Handouts
Roseman University has partnered with mental health clinicians from the University of Nevada Las Vegas to provide videos on stress management for our students. If you are a Roseman student or faculty member and you want access to this series, please click this link https://roseman.instructure.com/courses/1480
Federal Government Agency Mental Health Resources
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration https://www.samhsa.gov/
A confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance use/addiction and/or mental health problems. The agency’s website also provides links to Self-Help, Peer Support, and Consumer Groups
National Institute of Mental Health https://www.nimh.nih.gov/
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), the lead federal agency for research on mental disorders, offers basic information on mental disorders, a range of related topics, and the latest mental health research.
The NIMH provides users with information to better understand their health and their diagnosed disorders. Examples of topics on their website include anxiety and depression.
Additional services such as professional mediators to resolve family-related disputes and other legal and financial services are available to students enrolled in the Roseman Student Health Insurance Plan through the UHC Student Assistance Plan. The UHC Student Assistance Program toll-free number is located on your UHC identification card.
Michael DeYoung, PhD, RPh
Vice President for Student Affairs