Elizabeth Unni, PhD, MBA, BPharm, Roseman University Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, will be traveling to Philadelphia, PA March 20 – 21 for the 8th Patient Adherence and Access Summit where she will be one of a variety of presenters at the Summit. The Summit will focus on collaboration with industry stakeholders to build partnerships that promote and improve patient adherence.
The Summit is broken up into four Industry Sectors including:
- Implications, Barriers and Challenges
- Patients, Caregivers and Beliefs
- Partnerships, Improvements and Practices
- Interventions, Strategies and Technologies
Unni will be presenting with Olayinka Shiyanbola, PhD, BPharm, Assistant Professor, Division of Social and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, on Tuesday, March 21 under the Industry Sector of Interventions, Strategies and Technologies. Their session titled “Understand the Role and Importance of Health Literacy in Adherence Intervention Programs” will focus specifically on the following:
- Analyze how health literacy can impact a patient’s adherence, outcome
- Discuss the mechanisms of the interrelationships between health
literacy, patient beliefs and adherence, and how to analyze problem
areas in these relationships
- Assess the need to incorporate health literacy into adherence
improvement programs and how to integrate the two seamlessly
The Summit will be held at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel.
For more information about the Summit please click here.