Graduate Faculty Responsibilities
The Graduate Faculty may vote on any matter presented to the Graduate Faculty, including the election of the Graduate Council. They may also hold any elected office in the Graduate College. Graduate Faculty may teach graduate courses, serve on graduate examining committees, and serve on advisory committees.
Graduate Faculty Criteria
The following requirements for the nomination of Graduate Faculty were adopted by the Graduate Council to establish consistent standards for faculty members eligible for appointment as Graduate Faculty.
- The nominee must hold the rank of Assistant Professor, or above, in an academic unit.
- The nominee must hold the terminal degree normally accepted for employment in the academic unit.
- The nominee must be actively involved in scholarly/creative activity as part of his or her regular duties.
Types of Membership
Descriptions of the types of membership and procedures for nomination are detailed in the links below.
- Full Membership
- Graduate Faculty Associate
- Graduate Lecturer
- Graduate Faculty Emeritus
- Adjunct Graduate Faculty
Graduate Faculty Orientation
Video link available upon request, please email email@example.com.