Roseman University today announced the fall schedule of its Neighborhood Health Series, events that bring community members together to learn, share and collaborate with physicians, researchers and other healthcare practitioners on issues related to health and wellness.
The fall schedule kicks off at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, September 18 at Roseman University’s Henderson Campus, located at 11 Sunset Way, with “Cholesterol, Good, Bad or bunk? Latest research, trends and myths.”
The Summerlin campus, located at One Breakthrough Way, Las Vegas, will present “Vision and Aging: How to maintain the health of your eyes, Part 2,” at 5:30 pm on Thursday, September 19.
Presented at Roseman University’s Henderson and Summerlin campuses, each month the Neighborhood Health Series introduces expert speakers on a variety of health care topics including navigating Medicare, dealing with common diseases, and coping with an aging parent. Guests experience elements of Roseman University’s Six-Point Mastery Learning Model® and are invited to get to know other attendees, all while learning alongside members of southern Nevada’s most accomplished and talented medical community.
Roseman University’s Neighborhood Health Series events are free and open to the public, however registration is recommended at speakers.roseman.edu or by calling 702-802-2872. All events feature light dinner and refreshments. Neighborhood Health Series at the Henderson campus is sponsored by Nevada Health Link. At the Summerlin campus the series is sponsored by Clark County Credit Union.
Fall Schedule of Roseman University Neighborhood Health Series in Henderson
- Wednesday, September 18, 5:30-7:00 pm, “Cholesterol, Good, Bad or bunk? Latest research, trends and myths,” presented by Dr. Arup Chakraborty, PhD
- Wednesday, October 16, 5:30-7:00 pm, “National Oral Hygiene Month: Good Oral Health- Prevention, Detection & Treatment,” presented by Dr. Erin Greene, DDS
- Wednesday, November 13, 5:30-7:00 pm, “The ABC’s of Medicare: Open Enrollment,” presented by Dr. Catherine “Leiana” Oswald, PharmD
- Wednesday, December 11, 5:30-7:00 pm, “Playing Offense and Defense: Boosting our Immune Systems,” presented by Dr. Manas Mandal, PhD
Fall Schedule of Roseman University Neighborhood Health Series in Summerlin
- Thursday, September 19, 5:30-7:00 pm, “Vision and Aging: How to Maintain the Health of Your Eyes, Part 2,” presented by Dr. Surajit Dey, PhD
- Thursday, October 17, 5:30-7:00 pm, “Help with Open Enrollment: The ABC’s of Medicare,” presented by Dr. Catherine “Leiana” Oswald, PharmD
- Thursday, November 21, 5:30-8:00 pm, “Cholesterol: Good? Bad? Or bunk?,” presented by Dr. Arup Chakraborty, PhD (special extended session).
- Thursday, December 12, 5:30-7:00 pm, “Happy and Heart Healthy Holidays Celebration,” presented by Dr. Thomas Hunt, MD
About Roseman University of Health Sciences
Founded in Henderson, Nevada in 1999, Roseman University of Health Sciences is a non-profit, private institution of higher learning training the next generation of undergraduate and graduate level health care professionals that serve, collaborate and set new standards in their communities and within their professions. With campuses in Henderson and Summerlin (Las Vegas), Nevada and South Jordan, Utah, the University is comprised of the College of Dental Medicine, offering an Advanced Education in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics/MBA residency and Doctor of Dental Medicine program; College of Pharmacy, offering a Doctor of Pharmacy and Professional Continuing Education; College of Nursing, offering a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner; and a healthcare-focused MBA program. Roseman University of Health Sciences will also offer a Doctor of Medicine through its College of Medicine, once it becomes accredited. More than 6,000 Roseman graduates are caring for patients, conducting research, and engaged in public health and policy in Nevada, Utah and across the country. Roseman University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
# # #