2020 Henderson Campus Commencement
200 S. Green Valley Parkway
Henderson, NV 89012
9:00 AM PDT
Parking: Henderson Pavilion parking lot
2020 South Jordan Campus Commencement
General Graduation Information
- Guests may arrive one hour before the ceremony begins.
- South Jordan graduates should be in their designated line-up area 1½ hours (11:30 am) before the ceremony begins.
- Henderson graduates should be in their designated line-up area 1 hour before the ceremony begins.
- Graduates, please do not bring purses or other personal items to the line-up area. There is no place to check or store purses, coats, or other personal items. Leave your personal items with a family member or friend. Commencement programs will be placed on the graduates’ chairs.
- The typical ceremony is expected to last about two hours.
- Please note: The names of students who requested a non-release of student directory information will not be included in the commencement program. Students who filed non-release of information requests must contact the Registrar/Student Services Office six weeks before commencement to have their names included in the program.
- Hoods and gowns are to be returned following Commencement directly to Herff Jones who will have a table setup for graduates.
- “There will be two photographers at the graduation ceremony. One on each end of the stage on the floor. You will be getting your photo taken while you are being hooded and then also when you are shaking hands with the president of the university, Dr. Coffman. Please don’t rush through getting hooded or shaking hands. Smile big. Only pharmacy students will be hooded during the ceremony.”
- “Roughly up to two weeks later you will get an email from the multimedia team with a link and password to view the photos taken at the ceremony. You will have a chance to download the photos of your choice and also share this link and password with family and friends. This link will be open for 1 month. If extra time is needed, you can email the multimedia team at email@example.com for the Henderson campus team or at firstname.lastname@example.org for the South Jordan campus team.”
Effective August 1, 2019, these will be the deadlines for a graduate’s name on the diploma and in the Commencement program:
1) Diploma: The name that is in the Student Information System (SIS) 30 calendar days before the student’s anticipated graduation date will be the name on the graduate’s diploma
2) Commencement program:
– The NAME that was on the graduate list submitted by the academic program and approved by the Administrative Council will be the name published in the Commencement program. No name changes will be allowed after this list has been approved by the Council.
– The CAMPUS assigned to the student that was on the graduate list submitted by the academic program and approved by the Administrative Council will be the Campus Commencement program that the student’s name will be published in. No campus changes will be allowed after this list has been approved by the Council.
– The academic program will notify the Vice President for Communications and Public Relations by April 1st if there are any students on the list that was submitted to Administrative Council who are ineligible to participate in the May University Commencement program.
In the event of a conflict between the PharmD program and the MBA program, the name and campus submitted by the PharmD program will be the name and campus published in the Commencement program.
In the event of a conflict between the name in the Student Information System (SIS) and the name submitted to the Administrative Council, the name that was in the Student Information System (SIS) 30 calendar days before the academic program submitted the name to the Administrative Council will be the name published in the Commencement program.