International students must follow Roseman’s process, which is described in detail by Student Services.

A financial aid applicant who is neither a U.S. citizen nor U.S. permanent resident is not eligible to apply for Federal financial aid (including loans, grants, and work-study) through the U.S. Department of Education and should not fill out a FAFSA application.

However, several private (non-federal) educational loans allow application by such students if they obtain a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident co-signer. The co-signer must supply a U.S. social security number, have a satisfactory credit history, and demonstrate sufficient current income to repay credit obligations (including the educational loan). The student applicant should provide a U.S. social security number, if possible. With a creditworthy co-signer, a student can borrow up to the cost of attendance. The interest rates are variable. For more details on these private/alternative education loans (and/or to verify the latest information, which may be changed by the lenders without notice), contact the lenders directly.


If a student has secured a private educational loan, he/she must notify the Financial Aid Office so the loan can be certified and disbursed to the university in a timely manner. Loans cannot be disbursed before the student has begun the academic year (i.e., the first day of class).