Information on the network, security, and access management.
In order to use the university’s network and technology services, each member of the Roseman University community agrees to abide by the Computer And Network Acceptable Usage Policy.
Technology Services is available for additional advice and guidance in all these areas.
Smart and Secure Passwords:
Using strong passwords is one of the best ways to keep your data (as well as Roseman’s data) safe! Recommended password practices include the following:
- Change your password at least every 90 days
- Your password should be at least 8 characters long
- Use an upper and lowercase character
- Use a number
- Use a symbol
- Don’t use words or numbers that people can commonly guess, such as your pet’s name or your birthdate.
- Don’t use common passwords, e.g., qwerty, default, password
- Don’t use number sequences, e.g., 123, 456, 007, etc.
- Don’t include the name of the software program you are accessing in the password, e.g., Outlook1
- Don’t not save your passwords in your browser, especially on a PUBLIC computer.
Students and employees can change their password here: Change Your Password
Employees whose computers are issued by Roseman can also use CTRL + ALT + DLT while on campus to change their passwords.
Forgot your password? You can unlock your account through here. Still can’t login? Please stop by or call the Help Desk.
Technology Services will not ask for your username and passwords. If you get an email asking for your username and password, do not reply or click on the links. Forward the email to email@example.com and delete the email. These requests may come in as phone calls, too. Don’t give out your information over the phone either!
If you do reply or click any links, change your password immediately.
Roseman University provides Wi-Fi services, allowing computers, smartphones, or other devices to connect to the Internet or communicate with one another wirelessly. In order to get connected to the Roseman network via Wi-Fi, your computer or device must be within the wireless access point zone. Access is available throughout each campus.
Roseman University has two networks. The student network is available for all Roseman students, alumni, and visitors. The employee network is password-protected and is strictly limited to employees only.
Technology Services manages the bandwidth/data usage on a daily basis. Students, employees and/or visitors using excessive amounts of network bandwidth will be limited if usage is found to be inappropriate/malicious.