Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP)
Our unique block curriculum helps you earn your degree faster while continuing to work full-time. With two start dates (January & July), now is the time to take your nursing career to the next level.
Our CCNE* accredited Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP) is designed for nurses who hold a BSN and are ready to fill the growing need for skilled advanced practice registered nurses. The MSN/FNP focuses on comprehensive healthcare for families and family members across all ages, body systems and diseases and will prepare you to deliver a range of acute, chronic, and preventive healthcare services. In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, you will learn to perform advanced patient care with key job functions including delivering immunizations, screening, and diagnostic testing, prescribing appropriate medications as part of a treatment plan, as well as offering personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
This 23-month full-time asynchronous online program prepares students for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (APRN). Roseman University of Health Sciences provides an education system that promotes high levels of achievement with a focus on mastery of content. A block curriculum allows students to study full time while maintaining a full-time job as a nurse and incorporates evidence-based research, theory, and practice with local clinical hours.** Graduates will be prepared to function at the fullest extent of the APRN scope of practice. After completing the program, graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to pass a board certifying exam, leading to licensure to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Available Seats: 20
- Available Seats: 20
*Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
**Clinical locations must have prior approval
Now is the time.
MSN/FNP Virtual Info Sessions
Are you ready to take the next step in your Nursing Career, but have questions about the admissions process for Roseman’s MSN/FNP Program? Register today for an MSN Info Session. The session will go over the application process as well as provide you with an opportunity to have your questions answered by an admissions representative. Once registered, you will receive an email 24 hours before your session with the Zoom Meeting and Password.
- Receipt of completed admissions application, application fee, and official transcripts
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited college or University ( ACEN, CCNE or CNEA)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative in Nursing undergraduate coursework
- Undergraduate statistics course completion
- Unencumbered license or eligibility for RN licensure in the state where clinical hours will be completed
- One year of clinical experience as a RN preferred
- Resume or current CV
- TOEFL scores and Foreign Transcripts from WES or Josef Silny and Associates (If applicable)
- Write a 1000-word essay
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or other professionals
- Official transcripts from every accredited US college or university attended
- Professional Role Development in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Family Practice Management & Healthcare Policy
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Nursing Research& Evidence-based Practice
- Didactic & Clinical coursework in Adult-Gerontology, Women’s Health, Pediatrics & Family Care
*Clinical locations must have prior approval
We have the tools and resources to support you in your advanced degree path. You can visit our Office of Financial Aid, review the Financial Aid portal, or contact us directly. You can also visit our Money Management page for assistance with personal finances and budgeting. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Our tuition rates and fees are very competitive. There is no in-state or out-of-state tuition difference. Please review a full listing of tuition and fees by clicking the button below.
Six-Point Mastery Learning Model®
Roseman University strives to produce competent graduates in an educational environment that ensures high levels of achievement from all students and fosters cooperation and collaboration in the learning process. This is the concept of mastery learning.
Classroom As Teacher
Active & Collaborative Learning
Early Experiential Learning